Hydroseeding or hydroseeding applications is basically a highly beneficial planting process whereby there is slurry that contains seed, fertilizer, mulch for hydroseeding and bonding agent also known as tackifier which is normally sprayed on the ground. The slurry is usually transported with the use or a trailer or a truck and then transported to the job site. The hydroseeding applications are usually done on a ground that has been properly prepared and is normally done in a uniform layer. When it comes to remote areas, you will find that this application is at times done with the use of a helicopter. There are so many advantages that tend to come with this application compared to the traditional processes that are normally used when it comes to sowing or broadcasting of dry seed. One of the major advantages of v is that they are able to inhibit soil erosion as well as the promotion of quick germination. It is also a highly cost-effective alternative compared to sod and it has been found to come with a number of cost-saving advantages compared to many other benefits.
How do the hydroseeding applications work?
Hydroseeding application can be done on any erosion control or grass seed that can be able to be hydro seeded. This is also going to include any kind of shade lawn or sun lawn seed, pasture mixes, athletic field mixes, wildflowers, native grasses, erosion control and roadside mixes. The slurry is rich in nutrients and it helps a lot when it comes to ensuring that germination is done faster and quicker. The mulch for the hyrdoseeding in Vancouver comes in handy especially when it comes to helping keep the soil moist enough so that the seeds can be able to germinate quickly and faster. Unlike hay or straw, there are no weed seeds that are contained here.
What are the advantages that come with hydroseeding compared to broadcasting?
Below are some of the advantages that tend to come with hydroseeding compared to the other seeding options that are available in the market.
- Moisture retention is so much better
- Germination is quicker and faster
- Results are so much better at costs that are similar
- The mulch for hydro seeding contains no weeds compared to hay or straw
- The step is one and the application is usually done in a uniform application manner
- The seed contact has been found to be so much better
- There is no netting of straw that is going to be needed when it comes to removal
- Narrow areas or hillsides which tend to be difficult or clearly impossible when it comes to the drying of seed can be done easily with hydroseeding applications.